Thursday, May 1, 2008

Not feeling terribly random today...

In fact, I feel quite normal today. Now, mom don't go thinking that my feeling 'normal' is equatable with being 'stable'. Although, I am that too. Anyway.

Today I slept in very late. Well, technically I guess you could say I had a long nap mid-morning, as I did get up and do some web surfing around 930. I went back to bed around 11 and got up at 2. I'm not lazy. I just need my sleep!! I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO (note the superfluous 'o's in there) tired!!

Anyway. When I finally DID get up and get myself going, I figured I would actually clean up my place. I did ALL my dishes (literally all of them. I had let them pile up...again.) and then took out all my garbage and recycling (except the stuff I take back for the deposit refund) and vacuumed my apartment.

Why does this feel 'normal' to me? Because I didn't do anything randomly interesting today. I did what a lot of people do on their days off...housekeep. Usually on my days off I try to get out and do something. Often that involves going downtown and just wandering a while, people watching etc. However, today I am broke so I would have had no money for coffee while downtown, and that, my friends, is a NECESSITY for my wanderings. If I'm anywhere a Tim Horton's, it's ALWAYS a good time for a double double. Decaf for me.

What's a "double double" you ask? ONLY THE BEST COFFEE EVER! Well it is if you like cream and sugar in your coffee. It's a shortened way of saying "I'd like my coffee with two creams and two sugars." Get it? Double cream, double sugar. That's how most people in Canada drink their Timmies (Timmies = colloquial term for Tim Horton's).

I have tomorrow off too, but I have to go into work to pick up a couple things I have on hold, and then I'm off to see my niece and nephew! After that, I have a dinner date, and then it's off to my very good friend, Paige's, house for movies and general good times :)

Hmm...so my post about how I'm not feeling terribly random...well....turned into a pretty random post!!

4 comments:

Leslie: said...

This is interesting! It's exactly what a lot of people write about - all the little inane things they do during the day. I always thought a "double double" was extra strong coffee...stop rolling those eyes! lol Oh well, I'm pooped today too but am looking forward to seeing the "kids" tomorrow - all of them, you included. :D

Anonymous said...

If you're here when Jay gets off work (3:30-4pm) you can see his new truck...and the sparkle in his eye. He's ELATED!
Jamie

Leslie: said...

I tagged you for a meme so pop over to find out what you're supposed to do. Hope you had fun tonight! :D

Liz Hinds said...

I'd have thought a double double was extra strong too, leslie!